Scripture records that Satan five times declared what he was going to do, and it got him cast out of heaven. In Isaiah 14:12-17 we read that he said:
1. I will ascend into heaven . . .
2. I will exalt my throne above the stars of God . . .
3. I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north . . .
4. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds . . .
5. I will be like the most High.
Jesus set the perfect example when he said in the Garden at Gethsemane ” . . .[N]evertheless not my will, but thine, be done” (Luke 22:42).
Samuel said, “Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices
as much as in obeying the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams” (1 Samuel 15:22 NIV).